Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lobsters


Sometimes I stay home all night
Waiting for your senses to come back
You walked out and left me with your Louboutins
Did you think I'd chase you in my Agent Provocateur?

It's been two days and already I'm crazy
I miss the way you kiss
And I miss the way you walk in that dress
Won't you come back, baby?
I'll open a bottle of '78 Latour and
put Funny Face on the flat-screen
Won't you come back, baby?
We need to re-up our lease!

(Cameras follow our every move,
Secrets and lies told and posted to the world
You can't hide nothing from me
And I still love you, baby
Walk away all you want
We're lobsters, baby
So... sorry for ruining your life)

And sometimes I go out on platonic dates
Loving the company and attention
You call and I come a-runnin'
Did you think I'd have no alibis ready?

It's been a year and god forbid, you're still my girl
I miss the way you fight me
And I miss the way you let me catch your tears
Won't you come back, baby?
I've got strawberries and a ton of Cool Whip
Won't you come back, baby?
You know you belong with me!

(Repeat Chorus)

Walk away all you want,
I'll still wait for you, baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment