Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gandhi vs Sid Vicious

Forgive me for having a dream.
Pragmatism has always been inherent in me
And in the bigger picture,
I understand the necessity of delayed gratification.

Maybe law school is too traditional in your opinion,
Maybe I should resist conformity,
But honey can't you see?
It's the only way I can think of to make a difference.

We share the same ideal,
I want to save the world and plant more trees,
You want to save the world and discover altenatives,
But you don't have the right
to dictate how I should go about it.
If I don't master the system imposed on society,
How the hell can I change it?

Maybe it's ok for you to fight guerrilla-style,
Anarchists in our own way,
We cannot reach a consensus
And I do not understand how we're so much alike yet
destructively different.
Maybe it's ok for you to take the harder road,
But honey can't you see?
I believe an inside job is more effective.

Forgive me for actualising my dream,
I'd love your support,
But I know it's not my place to ask.

1 comment:

  1. i love this.

    I want to save the world and plant more trees,
    You want to save the world and discover altenatives,

    i wish i can express myself through words so freely like you do.

    <3 nina

    ReplyDelete